website link

Matt Gibson's blog for theMattGibson.com

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Boring Update

So, a quick update about my life.. I now have two jobs. I've started at Bose working part time/seasonal and will soon be doing the same at Sony, probably within a week. If I'm lucky I'll be making just enough to pay for my rent, student loans, food and gas. What's that? Where's my fun money you say? You don't see it? That's because it doesn't exist...

I'll basically be existing to work to make money to pay for living to work to make money to pay..... and so on indefinitely. Don't worry it should only be like this until I find a real job, which should be any year now. I mean on the bright side, after the dozens and dozens of applications at least I managed to get some interviews.. oh wait.. nope.. no interviews even..

But really, what's the worst thing that could happen? I end up becoming homeless or something? LA hardly has any homeless people.

On an actual different note, I found an old caricature I drew.. here it is...
It's of my ex girlfriend's sister and boyfriend. Pretty good right? Like I have talent or something! But wait.. wait.. Shirley, that's not the case, because if someone is talented at a specific skill they usually have a job pertaining to it.

man.. what a bitter day.

2 comments:

  1. How could you ever be bored with talent like this? (Okay, that was semi-rhetorical.)

    I have looked at your posts forwards and backwards, and though it may mean little coming from a non-artist, you look to be amazingly talented.

    Have you done any oil-on-canvas recently?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks, I would be less bored if I had a career in my field. I'm working at a techie retail store at the moment in LA.. womp womp.

    But I really appreciate the comment actually, I'm trying pretty hard to find a job and it can get a little discouraging at times.

    I haven't done any oil on canvas lately, but I do have a few on my website that I'm pretty proud of www.themattgibson.com

    Thanks for the comment :D

    ReplyDelete